Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody out there! We hope it was a good one for you all. Ours was pretty alright. It was only the five of us, six including the dog, but she just slept through dinner. Anyway, my mom and I were cooking all day, typical Thanksgiving. Our feet and backs hurt and we are both ready for bed, but it tasted excellent.

In my Torte class this quarter, our final is our own made up Torte. We can do any shape, flavor, color, etc. etc. we want as long as it is our own and not a remake of one we have done in class. I decided to try out my idea for dessert tonight. Here it is:

From bottom to top: ginger cake, cinnamon infused Bavarian cream, ginger cake, pumpkin mousse, chocolate gelee, and spiced pumpkin seeds. My final for the class won't look exactly like this, but it will have all the components. I hope it tastes good all together, each component tastes AWESOME individually, we'll see if it works together.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! We had a great Thanksgiving.. Tausha And Brigham, and Shelly. were all up for a few days... We had four of the missionaries over, We put a puzzle together. chopped some fire wood, and laid a new floor in the bathroom.Shelly and Mom cooked up a great Thanksgiving dinner.. Everyone is gone now and we all feel like taking a nap!!!
I love your blog!!!
Ryan sent us a Tape and it was fun..
Love ya
DAD

Sherri said...

That torte looks so ooey, gooey, and yummy, and the cinnamon infusion and pumpkin seeds really sound good...I would have loved to have been able to moosh it in my mouth and enjoy eating it. How did CJ and Avary like it?.....Love, MOM

Rachel said...

happy Thanksgiving back! I bet it was a delicious meal, I still remember last years very very delicious Thanksgiving dinner.

your torte looks yummy.