Saturday, June 28, 2008

Some More Fun

Well, we are the proud boarders of three new birdies. They have set up home and bathroom on our front porch, as you can see. The girls really enjoy seeing the birds every morning. We hear them all day long. It really is quite cute except for the poop EVERYWHERE!!

Yesterday, Friday, it was such a nice and HOT day that I took the girls to the little park just around the corner from our house. They have a little "water park" there and they sure had fun. Avary actually got soaked along with CJ. They really enjoyed splashing in the puddles that form there.


They were using my shoes for boats in the puddles as well. It was all great until I caught CJ playing with something that is definitely NOT to play with. I saw her pick something out of one of the puddles that looked like a string. She dropped it, picked it back up and then dropped it again. She just sat there playing when I saw a little girl grab my shoe that CJ was playing with and take off with it. I went over to see what she was doing and I just about died. I told her that what she was playing with wasn't to be played with and if she knew what it was. She looked up at me with her beautiful, innocent, blue eyes and said, "Um, yes. It is a booger." I wanted to throw up. Anyway, after that, the day got better.



Tonight, Spencer decided to try and put his hammock up in our back yard. (Never mind that the sprinklers will be going on in a couple hours.) Anyway, it was quite amusing. The first attempt he ended up on the ground.



The second time he had raised the hammock by tightening the ropes.



It seemed like it would work until he sat in it.



He not only hit the ground, but as he sat in it the ropes started to snap.



What a guy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the hammock story, hilarious! Oh, and we had the same experience with baby birds a couple years age.