Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our first post!

Hello everybody, welcome to our blog. First of all I would like to say that we are grateful that you have chosen to visit our page. We are really excited about this and we hope we can keep it up. Just to apologize in advance, since this is our first post, I am afraid it will be a little lengthy, but I will try to keep it entertaining.

Summer has started for us here in Colorado. Not just weather wise, but I have officially started my summer break from school!!! I am so excited! I have really needed this break. I get a whole month off and I am looking forward to every second. I haven't got my grades yet, but by next week I should have them.

This quarter was a rough one. I had three Bachelor's classes and two general classes. The Bachelor's classes really took a lot of time away from the family, thus I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to do the Bachelor's program, but instead I will be doing the Associate's in Baking and Pastries. We are really excited about this because this is more of what I really want to do. With changing my major, it won't take me three and a half years, plus another six months to do the Baking and Pastries program, instead I should be finished next year. This only makes me even more excited.

Avary got her cast off today. She seems to be doing great without it and she will be able to play in the water now.

We finished our grow boxes a couple of weeks ago and our plants are starting to show their pretty little leaves.















Aren't they beautiful!!??!! Spencer worked SO hard in getting them done. We haven't had any problems with bunnies yet, and we have made extra efforts so that we won't have problems with bunnies. Spencer put netting around all the boxes, except the herb box, to keep animals out. He did a brilliant job. Spencer's family visited us over Memorial Day weekend and they really helped Spencer get it done. Thank you you guy's!!

While the Schumanns were here, we went to the zoo. They had peacocks walking around throughout the zoo and the girls were walking around mimicking them.



It was really cute. Denver has an AWESOME zoo. I can't wait to go back.

We have also discovered that Avary can touch her nose with her tongue. She loves to show everybody.



Anyway, there is our little update. I promise the other blogs won't be so long, unless something big happens.

4 comments:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Hey looking forward to your blog, nice family!

HS

Rachel said...

how fun guys! I love that you have a blog now, I'll be sure to check it out. p.s. Avary is sooooo cool to be able to touch her nose with her tongue, only the very coolest of people can do that (like me! :)

connins said...

Hey yall,

Cool blog! I know I am terrible at making phone calls so maybe this will be better for me. Miss yall up there in nose bleed CO from sea level TX.

Out

MnM McQuivey's said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us. It looks and sounds like you all are doing great. Your box gardening looks great! I can't believe how big your girls are growing! I'll add you to my friends and family list on my blog. You'll have to check it out.