Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. Today has been a good day so far, no broken bones.....yet. (If you all remember, Avary broke her arm on Mother's Day.) Anyway, the weather is just excellent here.

I am cooking Spencer one of his favorite meals to honor him today, a pot roast with mashed potatoes and veggies. I hope dessert turns out though because I am just throwing some things together. In a sense it will be a chocolate pudding pecan pie, or something like that. Cross you fingers.

For Father's Day the girls and I gave him the best present that I think I will ever get for him. He got a giant Homer Pez dispenser.



It seemed fitting considering he likes Pez and the Simpsons. What I DIDN'T know was that the Homer Pez dispenser talks. So when Spencer flips the head back........


....it says things like, "Why you little...." and "DOH!", and "I know I shouldn't be eating this...". After we found that out, it was definite that that was the perfect gift for him. Now the girls are going around quoting Homer, "DOH!".

2 comments:

Brooke S said...

Hey if you are starting a collection Of Pez di-spencers I have a few for you!! Hope you have a great dinner. Happy Fathers Day.

Brooke S said...

It should probably say: Dis-SPENCERS hehe I didn't catch the - in the last post. before I sent it.