Thursday, March 5, 2009

Returning Customer

Remember the cupcakes I did in October? Well, the lady that I did those cupcakes for called me on Tuesday wanting me to do a birthday cake for her grandson. I HAVE MY FIRST RETURN CUSTOMER!!!!! I was really excited. She was throwing her grandson a birthday party and the theme was "Lego's". Since it was a simple cake I told her I could do it. It turned out alright. Take a look...

I used a buttercream recipe I got from my chef at school. It is totally amazing, I can't stop eating it. She chose a cherry chocolate cake. The buttercream is cherry flavor and the cake is chocolate. If you can't tell, those colorful things on the cake are supposed to be my attempt at drawing the giant "Lego's". I used a different cherry flavoring than I have used before and it turned out SO good. I hardly used any flavoring, maybe 1/4 tsp as opposed to 2 tsp, AND it didn't color the icing pink! I did a cherry chocolate cake for my brother-in-law when he left on his mission and the cherry flavoring turned the icing pink. So, my brother-in-law had a pink farewell cake, I was so embarrassed. Anyway, when I delivered the cake she said she really liked it. I hope she calls me again.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Good for you... That cake looks amazing..
We got our computer up and working again...
How much can you get for a cake like that?
Have a great day
LOVE YA

Sherri said...

I really like the legos - they look cool...I'm not surprised she loved the cake! That must make you feel so "big time" that she came back to you yet again!!
Love, MOM