Sunday, March 29, 2009

Last Week of School

Well, this quarter is OVER!! Happy Happy Joy Joy! The only class I will miss is my Patisserie class. I really wish that class was a year long, I loved it. Here is the last project that we completed in that class:
The flowers are made of gum paste. I absolutely LOVED working with the gum paste. My chef commented on how nice my roses were. They turned out so much nicer than the chocolate roses off of the last cake I posted. I haven't gotten my grades yet, but I'll post those as soon as I get them.

This last week of school was quite interesting. We had a big snow storm come in and it dumped quite a bit of snow on us. So much that CJ's school was canceled for 2 days and I didn't make it to my last day of class on Thursday. It was a lecture class and the school was open, but I didn't go because I didn't want to get stuck in the snow. My mom was going to fly to Utah on Thursday and her flight was canceled to a later one that ended up getting canceled too. She was finally able to fly out Friday afternoon. Here are a few pictures that I took Friday morning:

Jersey got brave enough that she just plowed her way through the snow drifts that the wind created in our back yard so she could get to the grow box, her new found favorite place to be. We are going to have to trade in our netting for chicken wire because she is tearing the netting apart. Of course today the snow is all gone in the front and almost gone in the back. Crazy weather.

I am really looking forward to spending this little break I have with my family. CJ is on Spring Break too, so we are going to try to have some fun while we can.

1 comment:

Jackson Family said...

oooh, what a cool cake! Way to go, very impressive as always.

Did you enjoy our freak storm?