Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Latest Projects From School

Last week I was bed bound with a sinus infection and I missed a whole week of school because of it. I have had to play "catch up" in my Patisserie class, but have had fun doing it. The project that I was supposed to finish last week was a three tier wedding cake. It was a specific design that all of us had to mimic. Since I had been gone a week, I had to go off of a 2 week old memory, which isn't that reliable. Needless to say, I finished the cake and here it is:



The roses are made out of modeling chocolate and the drapes on the cake are made out of chocolate fondant. It was really fun doing this cake. I was really pleased with the way it turned out and so was my Chef. The only complaint he had was about the placement of my roses, but other than that, it was good. He even complimented me on my piping and my fondant work. Oh, happy is me!!!!

In Artisan Breads this week, we have had to practice for our final practical. We were given choices of bread to make. This is a picture of one of the breads I have chosen to make:

This particular "make up" of bread is called an Epi. I don't know why, but it is. It is supposed to look like a stalk of wheat. How did I do? It tastes really yummy. Now that I know how to make all this cool and yummy bread, I think I will be doing it more often. Oh, happy is Spencer!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

way AWESOME cake Sierra!

Tiffany said...

The cake is awesome! Come back and make me one!

jjertmann said...

Wow! That cake looks incredible! Nicely done! Bread is my weakness though. It looks delicious!

Sherri said...

We hope you are over your sickness..
the cake and bread looks super good.
Have a fun week !!!!
Love
The Schumann Fam.

Sherri said...

I am way impressed with the cake - holy cow! I first thought it was actual cloth on the drape thing!...WOW! I bet the bread was delicious, and it looks way cool...glad you are up and at 'em again.
Love, MOM

Analee said...

HOLY COW! What a BEAUTIFUL cake!! I want my blog to look as cool as yours! If I make it to Colorado this year, we'll have to work on it! Love ya!