Sunday, November 4, 2012

YIKES!!

So, I woke up too early because I forgot about daylight savings.  Then I thought I should start updating my blog.  I had NO idea how backed up I was!!  I knew I was backed up, but....WOW!  So, here I go again, starting another catchup week.  I apologize for being so flaky and bear with me while all these posts start a floodin' your inbox's and my Facebook page.  :)

I will start with the end of July and August since the last time I posted was the first part of July.  I got pretty busy with cakes there for a while.  I had already posted some that I did, but these are some that I did in July and all of August.

I did a birthday cake for a dear friends son.  He was turning 2 and she wanted a Cookie Monster cake.  I had a LOT of fun with this cake:


In our ward we have this phenomina.  We have pregnancy waves and this last wave was a doozy.
We have this AWESOME couple in our ward that have been trying for SO long to have a baby.  They had tried invitros that didn't take and fertility and everything else you can think of.  They were finally blessed with invitro twins and as soon as I found out I offered to do the cakes for her shower.  I had SO much fun doing these cakes.  The dad has red hair and mom is a brunette.  Since they aren't identical, neither are the cakes.  :)


Some friends and I hosted a baby shower for a friend of ours from the ward.  She was having the girl in the midst of ALL the boys that were coming.  It was a really nice shower.  I wasn't too happy with how the cake turned out, but in the end it got some "oo's" and "ahh's".  ;)



I did this cake for another friend of mine who served in the Young Women's with me.  She was having a boy and I had this idea for a cake.  Spencer and I worked REALLY hard on this cake.  We think we might just do it differently next time....if there is a next time.



And now the final cake up through August.  I was asked to do the 17 year birthday cake for one of my Young Women.  I can still call her mine because when I was called to be the Mia Maid adviser she was still a Mia Maid.  :)  Her party was cow themed and she wanted a cow cake.  I LOVE this cake!  Except for the fact that after I had taken pictures and delivered it to her, I realized I didn't finish the outline of the cake.  It still bugs the TAR out me when I look at the pictures.  My eye goes right there to the unfinished site.  :(


Well!  That does it for the rest of July and all of August cakes, except the cow cake was done towards the end of September.  Baby showers are fun, but there were SO many this year.  Love the babies though and the twins are just about as precious as they come.  :)


No comments: