Thursday, November 8, 2012

Birthday Week!

Well, it happens every year.  Starts with my birthday, then to my mom's, and then we finish with Avary's.  Except this year my mom decided to spend her birthday, and mine actually, in Utah.

For my birthday we went to Texas de' Brazil for dinner.  We took the kids and they were just in awe over all the food and how they bring it.  It was SO yummy, but We won't do that again...too expensive!!  Anyway, a birthday present to me from Spencer and myself because I requested it was a ticket to this years Time Out for Women.  I wonder why I had never heard of it before last year and I am mad that I didn't know because I had SO much fun.  So much in fact that I told my sister and my mom to save the date for next year and my sister needs to fly here so we can go together.  It was so wonderful.  It was nice to be out with friends and being spiritually uplifted.  Can't wait till next year.  My dad came for an overnight visit as well.  It was too bad it was on that weekend because I wasn't around to spend time with him, but it was nice having him here for a day.  Another present that I got from Spencer was a brand new 16 gig Nexus 7.  Oh how I love that little tablet.  :)  It makes preparing my lessons for Young Women's so much easier.  It's too funny though because it was on Spencer's wish list until recently when they released the new Google android phone.  NOW he wants that instead.  Funny how he works.  ALWAYS changing his mind.  :)  Anyway, that was my birthday!

Avary had a week long birthday I swear.  My mom came home a day before Avary's birthday and Avary flashed her puppy eyes at her and got us all dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  That child will get whatever she wants from my mom because of those eyes...it is pitiful.  So, we started with dinner there.  Then that Saturday we had her "Rock Star" birthday party with all her friends.  She wanted a guitar cake so I made her a guitar cake.


Then, she was kinda' acting a little "funny" like sick, so fifteen minutes before all her friends got to the house for the party we found out that she had a fever.  CJ had been sick earlier in the week and then the day of her party, Avary got what CJ had.  I gave her Tylenol and told her she would be OK and she was until right after the party and she CRASHED!

For her party we had the kids decorate their own guitar.  Spencer cut out cardboard guitars for all the kids and they all colored them the way they wanted.  Then Avary and I had put together a "Rock Star Birthday" CD with music that Avary picked and I approved of.  We had made CD's for all the girls and they got to decorate their own CD cover.  Friends of ours from the ward whose kids were there tell us that their girls listen to the CD ALL the time.  (Tee hee)  After decorating we had cake.  All the kids were really into the cake.  They all loved it.  Avary was so happy with it and that made me happy.  After cake she opened her presents.  She got so much stuff.  She even got identical "Spa" dolls and ended up giving one to CJ instead of returning it to the store and getting a different "Spa" doll.  She got a "Blingles" set.  If you have ever seen a teenager with "bling" on their phone or purse or whatever, that is what it is.  She makes her own bling.  She even made me one for the case for the Nexus 7.  It is really cute.  After presents we did freeze dance.  We used the music off of her CD and those kids danced and danced and danced.  It was no wonder that Avary crashed after the party.

 
She had a good time even though she wasn't feeling good. 

No comments: