Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First Day of School 2012


I can't believe that my girlies are growing up so fast.  I say that a lot because it is TRUE!  This year CJ is in 4th grade, the grade that I first got in trouble at school, and Avary is in 2nd grade.  They are really enjoying school so far this year.

CJ loves her teachers and her teachers really love her.  They just wish she would confide in them more.  Poor thing struggles with bullies at school.  Of course I turn into momma bear and want to go shake the kids and ask what their problem is.  Another issue is that when she has problems out at recess she tells the teachers out there and they seem to just brush her off.  I worry about her because she seems to not have any self esteem.  We don't know what to do about that because no matter how much praise we give her the people outside the family seem to trump it.  I REALLY "dislike" the principal there.  I can't wait until she is done.  CJ struggles a bit with homework, but Spencer and I have decided to hire a tutor that will come to the house to help her out.  We just get too frustrated with her because she tends to "give up" before she tries with us.  Then she thinks she is in trouble when she isn't and then she just shuts off to everything that has to do with school.  Some days it takes about 5 hours to do her homework with her and that shouldn't be the case.  She is SO smart!  All she needs to do is apply herself.  She is really excited to have a tutor though.  We think it will really help her

Avary on the other hand is doing so well in school.  The only thing she has trouble with is being responsible for giving us things that need to be signed and returned.  She loves her teachers and her teachers love her.  I don't worry too much about Avary.  I guess the only thing I would worry about is if she is being challenged enough, the kid is smart as a whip.  It gets pretty annoying because she argues with us CONSTANTLY!  She thinks she knows everything and it causes problems at home.  I haven't heard anything from the teachers about her "know it all" complex, thank heavens!

It is so interesting to see these girls coming into their own.  They are starting to set themselves apart from everyone else and it is fun to watch.  I just don't care too much for the mood swings.  ;)





1 comment:

Kkelly said...

So it's not just me! I really did not like the principal at the school either. And are your girls the same height now?? Or is the picture deceiving?