Friday, January 21, 2011

32

Yesterday was Spencer's birthday. We didn't do much but what we did do I think makes up for it. I made cupcakes yesterday so that after school the girls could decorate them. They were REALLY excited to do those.


It was really fun to do those with them. They did a really good job. Avary would hold her cupcake so tight that it would end up a muffin top so what I did was have her squirt the frosting on, I spread it, and then she decorated it. After we started that we didn't have anymore muffin tops. After we finished the cupcakes I hid them in the oven so Spencer wouldn't see them. The girls were really funny about that because they thought I was going to bake them more and melt the frosting, but I assured them that the oven wasn't on and that they wouldn't melt.

When Spencer came home we ate dinner and then his mom called, which was great timing on her part because I kicked him out of the kitchen into the family room to talk to her while we set everything up. When we were ready we called him back into the kitchen and started to sing when we saw him. When he came in he saw what we were working on:

There aren't 32 cupcakes, only 24, but they did make a GREAT "32". He thought it was pretty cool. The girls were really excited about them and they had their sights set on the cupcake they wanted to eat. It was a good day. I think he enjoyed it. We all made our own cards and gave them to him. He seemed really happy. The only draw back to his birthday is that I'm pregnant and being on my feet all day really wiped me out so I asked him to help with the pile of dishes. He willingly accepted and then I had a birthday cake to do for our doula so he carved that.

Her son is turning 8 and she wanted a volcano. We are quite happy with it. It amazes me how Spencer can get a 9x13 cake and make something out of it like this volcano. I never could see anything like this in a 9x13 cake.

Anyway, Happy birthday Spencer. I hope it was a good one for you.

2 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Happy Birthday Spence---32, aah-we're all getting too old. I wasn't ready for the 30's yet. Your girls look darling in their little aprons. Sierra, your mom is going to have to make a chef Reed one soon :)

Sherri said...

Good Times! Looks like the family had a fun time celebrating the Birthday! The "32" was very clever - the girls did good looking job decorating them...and giving a hint about the surprise in the oven! Sweet! I love the volcano cake with the lave and smoke...looks REALLY cool! Happy, Happy Birthday Spencer - - Have a GREAT year ahead! Love ya!