Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, here is our official first post of the new year! We FINALLY got some snow about 2 days ago. It looks so pretty here now. The temperatures dropped pretty fast, I think it was -8 last night. Anyway, we are sure hoping that this new year brings better health for us all, particularly me, and we can't wait for the arrival of our new addition to the family, Reed coming in March. CJ will start 3rd grade this year and Avary will start 1st grade. This year has a lot to look forward to. The only thing that I'm NOT looking forward to is 9 o'clock church. The majority of last year was spent with me sick, or recovering from surgery, or sick again because of pregnancy and trips. I just don't want to do that again.

Spencer took the girls sledding for their first time yesterday (the new blog picture). They sure had fun, but came back crying because they got too cold. It was REALLY cold yesterday. Spencer said the second they started to cry because they were too cold, they came home. We immediately put them in the shower to get warm, then they spent the majority of the afternoon curled up together in their Christmas jammies and about 3 blankets eating soup. They loved it though and went to bed VERY easily last night.

From our Christmas post, I mentioned that I made the girls some new quilts for their beds. Here are the pictures of those quilts:

This is Avary's, or course....purple.


CJ's...green and pink, her 2 favorite colors. Turned out WAY cute! I actually picked these fabrics out, Avary's was a kit that I got at a quilt shop. she loves it, but I wish I was able to pick the fabrics out like I did CJ's.


The new beds for Christmas. First time they looked that nice.....and the last. They sure love their new beds. They look really nice in their room, adds some character other than their stuffed animals scattered all over the floor.

This is my latest cake for our birthing instructor. She and her husband are taking their kids to Disney Land on the 10th of January and wanted a cake to celebrate.
It turned out pretty cute, I think. She REALLY loved it. When she saw it the excitement just exploded out of her, it was fun to have been a part of it, a small part but fun none the less.

Well, we hope everyone has a great new year. We sure are looking forward to this one.

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Happy New Year to all of you! Glad you finally got some snow. We really LOVE the new picture of the girls on their sled, and the way cute Christmas blankets! Sounds like life continues to be exciting in your household...and lots of great memories! Love the cake...that would be fun to go to Disney land!