Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Snowboarding Cake

Happy 9/9 of 09 everybody! So, I've been doing my externship at a cake shop here in Denver called Mulberries Cake Shop. It's been alright. I would like it better if I were actually decorating cakes, but right now I can't be picky. Anyway, we don't do carved cakes, but I do. A guy called me wanting a mountain cake with a fondant snowboarder. Sure! Why not!? Right? Well, here is a picture of the finished product. Turned out great if you don't mind me saying:

It was a strawberry cake that turned out really yummy, I put fresh strawberry puree in the batter, yummy! Then he wanted it iced in cream cheese icing. It turned out really yummy. Spencer did the "little man" and I did the snowboard.

Spencer was so funny. I got home from Mulberries and saw that he had put facial features on it. I was just going to draw dots for the eyes and mouth. I am so glad I married an artistic man!

Well, as of tonight I have 15 days left to graduation!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! Have lots more stuff to do though, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so that is good.

3 comments:

Jackson Family said...

oooh, I like it! I wish I was a snowboarder so I'd get a cool cake like that!

I'm so happy for you that you're almost done, and I'm looking forward to your graduation.

oh, and thanks for honking at us tonight to cheer us on our jog :)

Sherri said...

What a fun cake!!! But it looks like it would have taken a ton of hours!!!!
You do it so fine.
Have a Happy birthday in a few days..

Sherri said...

That is such a cute snowboarding cake! Spencer,the little man is darling! way-to-go!! That means you could also form one doing a "chicken dance!" Sierra, you are totally amazing with all your cakes and gourmet cooking!

Love, MOM...ps.my phone number is the same as Dad's...call us : )