Sunday, September 20, 2009

Avary's Birthday Party

What a great birthday Avary had. Thanks to Kathleen, the owner of Mulberries Cake Shop where I did my externship, we were able to have a birthday party for Avary free of charge.

A couple days before her birthday, Avary took cupcakes to preschool for all her class mates and teachers. This year it was a butterfly theme.


They really enjoyed them and when I dropped them off at the preschool, a lot of the parents commented on them and how cute they were. They really did turn out quite cute, Avary was really excited about them.

Then Saturday morning I started making her birthday cake. Like I said it was a butterfly theme so her cake was a butterfly. The deal at Mulberries is she has a room that she rents out for birthday parties. She charges per child and the price includes a 6 inch cake for each child to decorate themselves, a balloon, and a cookie. Kathleen insisted on me having Avary's party there free of charge as a way to thank me for everything I did for her. She is really a nice lady and when we got there, the room was decorated to the hilt, which she normally doesn't do.


We had Sabrina, Avary's cousin, CJ, Alicia, a friend, and Gabriela from next door at the party. They seemed to have a lot of fun.



Here are pictures of the final cakes:

This is Gabriela, our next door neighbor. Avary and CJ adore her. The first thing Avary said that morning to me was she was afraid Gabby wasn't coming to her party. We are so glad that she was able to come. She is just the sweetest girl. They are the BEST neighbors.

This is Alicia, the daughter of some friends we met through Rachel and Anthony, Spencer's cousins.

The birthday girl. She went a little crazy with the icing, but not as bad as CJ.


See what I mean??!! It looks like a jungle, but I don't know exactly WHAT she was going for.
And Sabrina. She kept eating the candy and by the end of the night she was pretty hyper!

After decorating cakes, we had dinner. I made Mac and Cheese from scratch since it is Avary's favorite food in the whole world. She would eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we would let her. It turned out really yummy. Here is a yummy tip. Instead of bread crumbs on the top of the mac and cheese, try crushed goldfish crackers. We didn't have any bread crumbs so we improvised with goldfish crackers and it was YUMMY! After dinner she opened presents.

She was so funny opening the gifts. She would say, "Oh my oh my!" She gets so excited when she opens presents. She got a bunch of stuff. She was really excited about the pony shirt Alicia gave her, the DR. Barbie we gave her, and the ladybug bean bag that her Grandma and Grandpa Schumann gave her. She was excited about everything. She got some new clothes. Funny story, when she woke up that morning my mom wished her a Happy Birthday and Avary looked at her and said, "My clothes are too small." So, she got some new clothes from her Geewah. She was especially excited about the skirts my mom gave her. Avary does love skirts. After gifts we had cake.

It was a strawberry cake with fondant. The filling icing was strawberry buttercream. It was so moist and yummy. I gave a piece to Kathleen, the owner of Mulberries, and she loved it. That made me feel good. Anyway, it was a great day. Avary had a lot of fun. Earlier in the day while my mom and I were shopping, Daddy took them to the park. The weather was perfect and it was a great day.

Now, off the subject a little. I had a wedding cake to do for the son of a man that Spencer works with this week. The wedding was on Friday. Here are the pictures of the wedding cake and the grooms cake:


The wedding cake from top to bottom was, chocolate cherry with chocolate buttercream filling, lemon cake with lemon curd filling, and almond cake with cherry filling. The groom's cake was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

What a great blog...We enjoy hearing all the stuff and things that go on in Denver...
LOVE
DAD

Sherri said...

I love looking at all the stuff on your blog. what a lot of great memories!!
Love, MOM