Sunday, September 13, 2009

CJ's First Talk

Last Sunday, CJ gave her very first talk in Primary. She did so good. She read about half of it by herself and hardly needed any help. We are so proud of her. Here it is:

"My talk is about how I strengthen my family by listening to the prophet. President Hinckley said that when we pray together as a family it will help our homes be happier places, and we will love our parents, brothers, and sisters more. When my family prays together it helps us not to fight. I am nicer to my Mom and Dad, my Grandma, and my sister. Praying together makes us happier.

President Hinckley also said that we should always work to take care of the Spirit of love and respect for each other. If we look for the good in each other and not the bad then there will be more happiness in our homes. When my sister and I fight we always say we're sorry and then we forgive each other, then we are happy again. We should always forgive others. When we do, it makes us happy because we are doing what Jesus and Heavenly Father want us to do.

Choosing the Right and listening to the prophet make us and our families happier and stronger."

After she said "Amen", she leaned in closer to the microphone and said:

"Thank You!!"

It was really cute.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

That talk would have been so good to here..Thanks for writing it on your blog!!!!

Sherri said...

What "witty" little girls! So cute to know "that's just the way I am"...they each obviously have very high self esteem! Sounds like you did a GREAT job on your talk, CJ...thank you!