Thursday, February 19, 2009

Myth Proven

So, we all have heard the saying, "The dog ate my homework." Heck, we all have probably used it at some point in our lives. I think I have mentioned the fact that we are having some minor issues with CJ at school and we have been working on these issues. She is doing much better, in my opinion, than she has been since the beginning of the year. She is coming home with more good job stickers than she had been when we met with her teacher at the beginning of the year. Her teacher suggested a "contract" that we could do to help Spencer and I understand more of what is going on at school, what areas she is having trouble in, so that we could talk to her about them specifically. These "contracts" have really been a help for us.

The other night, I had just finished signing her "contract" so she could return it to her teacher the next day and left it on her folder on the kitchen counter. After a couple of minutes I went back down to the kitchen and found her "contract" on the floor. Of course I didn't know it was her contract until I had picked it up and saw what it was. Jersey had somehow gotten a hold of it and started to....well, EAT CJ's "contract".

In a sense, the dog ate her homework. I pieced back all I could find. I had to write a note to her teacher explaining what happened. I felt so...odd when I explained what had happened. When I picked CJ up at school today, her teacher was laughing about it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

that's funny! Dog's really can eat our homework!

Sherri said...

That is a funny story...
We enjoyed Spencer!!! We wished all of you could Have come this weekend..
Spencer needed to have some more success in the Monopoly>>>
Please put Avery's talk on your blog...
Love
DAD