Sunday, February 8, 2009

Entertainment in the Neighborhood

Well, just when I thought things couldn't get more exciting around here. The other night, I was so dead I didn't hear any of this but my mom and Spencer did, there was quite a bit of action going on around 10:30 pm. Mind you, this is an account of what had happened from my mom and Spencer because I was out like a light.

Around 10:30 pm my mom got up for "personal reasons" and returned to her room. When she walked into her room she noticed flashing red lights outside. When she looked out of her bedroom window she noticed, I believe, two cop cars sitting in front of our house. Pretty soon a helicopter flew over our house and continued to hover over our house with its spot light on, even shining it in my moms window once. Pretty soon another cop car came around and started circling the blocks surrounding us. (I know! How I didn't hear this is totally beyond me, especially with the helicopter.) I guess this went on for about a half hour and then they left the neighborhood. We never heard anything about what had happened until today.

My mom asked a lady in our ward that lives just around the corner from us and she said that she had actually gotten a "reverse" 911 call. I guess the cops had called her and told them not to leave their house. Just a side note, her husband used to co-teach with Spencer in primary, funny guy, but when they got that call what does he do but leaves the house to talk to the cops. She was not happy with him for doing that. I guess the story was that they were looking for an armed robber. I don't know if they found him, but when I heard about this the next day, I was VERY happy that we have an alarm system!

I wonder what is going to happen next??!!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

You guys have too much SCARY stuff happen at your house - you better move back to good 'ol Utah!

Have a great Valentines day with those "knock your sock off" cookies!
Love, MOM