Friday, December 12, 2008

Decorations

We got our inside decorations up today, it is such a relief. I was starting to feel like we were the only people on our block that didn't have their decorations up yet, but we did the inside today. Spencer said he will do the outside tomorrow, I'm really excited.

So, Spencer and I were on our walk tonight with Jersey, and he decided to take me by a house that he said was just...well, I had to see it for myself. Anyway, we walked past it and, I SWEAR, it looks like Tim the Tool Man Taylor lives there, Home Improvement for sure!! I could not believe it. It was absolutely...overdone.

Just before I saw it, I was telling him about when I was little and my Aunt and Uncle would do up the outside of their house, just full of lights. Cars would be lined up around the block to see how spectacular their house was. I miss those days, but this house, if only you all could see it. Words can NOT describe this house. I reassured him that my Aunt and Uncle's house was not that bad, that it actually looked good the way they did it, tons of lights but not "novelty" items. I am going to have to see if I can get a good picture of this house, but of course I know for certain that the picture would hardly do it justice.

It played music, had lights woven all through their grass, Christmas Mickey and Minnie, about 100 Santa's, nativities, anything you could possibly imagine, they had it. They had their front blinds open too, and the inside looks just as overdone as the outside. Amazing.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Can You still go on walks? We got blasted with a big snow storm..about four or five inches..And it is cold.
We did not put up any outside lights this year. But our tree looks really nice..
Did Spencer get your yard lit up?
Maybe go over to that other place and get a few of their extra stuff!!! Ha Ha
Love ya
DAD