Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grandpa Schumann

"God saw you were getting tired
when a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you and
whispered, "Come to me".
With careful eyes we watched you.
We saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hardworking hands to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best."

-Author Unkown

Dear sweet Grandpa Schumann passed away last night at home. We will miss him so much. He was such a fun and loving man.

Spencer and I have been reminiscing about some things that we remember. I think the favorite memory of ours is when we had a "spoon on the nose" contest. It was so fun. Spencer, Ryan, Cami, Addie, me, and Grandpa all put spoons on our noses after some big dinner at my in-laws. We all had a contest to see whose spoon would stay on the longest. Grandma Schumann sat there saying, "Oh Henry" and we all waited to see whose spoon would stay on the longest. Grandpa won by a long shot! I have NEVER seen anything plastered on so tight in my life!! He would shake his head and that poor spoon was stuck on his nose until he pried it off. We were all laughing so hard, except Grandma of course, but we all had such a fun time with that. I tried to find the picture but I can't find it.



This picture was taken when we went to Utah for Ryan's farewell. The girls had so much fun with the dog. They ALWAYS loved to see Grandpa move his little "finger". (He was missing a finger on his left hand, you can see it in the picture.) Anyway, they always asked him to show it to them. He will be missed.

We love you Grandpa! We will always remember your laugh and your love of family.

(I love the song I put on our blog for Grandpa. Especially the last verse, I think of him when I hear it.)


No comments: