Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1st Grade!

CJ started first grade today. (The parents stood around reminissing about when we all started school after Labor day, this is REALLY early.) I can't believe she is ALREADY in first grade. I was not prepared for her to start school so soon. I was talking to her last night about going back to school and it seemed like she had grown up over night. I can't wait for school to be over so I can enjoy my kids.

She was really excited to go back to school. I packed her lunch wich she is holding in the picture, and I literally STUFFED her backback FULL of all the supplies they had us provide this year. I don't remember ever having to stuff my backpack full of school supplies in grade school. Anyway, I wish I had gotten a picture of it, it was REALLY stuffed. She put it on this morning and lost her balance, it was pretty funny. Avary helped me drop her off at school this morning and was sad when we had to leave. Avary wants to be in first grade too, she says. We really hope she does well in school this year, adjusting to the full day schedule thing. We are really lucky because her first grade teacher was her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Pacheco. She knows CJ pretty well, so I hope that works to our advantage.

I picked her up from school and she looked hammered.

She put her backpack on her head and started wondering around a little bit.


I think she was ready to go home. I have mixed feelings about first grade. I am really excited for her, but I am also worried about her and wishing I was a fly on the wall to see how she is REALLY doing. Oh well. We all have to let go at some point, right?

3 comments:

Jackson Family said...

I love back to school pictures, she looks pretty exhausted after a long day at school. I feel fer her, it's hard work to learn! :) I can't believe she's in first grade though, kids do grow up entirely too fast!

oh and about your fly on the wall comment, I had to laugh becuase I remember Sherri saying the same thing to Shelly and I as we were leaving out the door to prom one year!

Sherri said...

Yes, I remember back in the day...it's hard to see them grow up so fast...here's some advice from an older woman : ) 1)take advantage of the time your kids are small and swoop them up in your arms and hug them...2)a great way to be a fly on the wall is volunteer to help in class like listen to the students read.
Cute pictures, and funny sayings!!!

Shawn Jensen said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats CJ...way to handle it like a pro Sierra.