Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Spencer!!

Well, today is the official day. Spencer is now 30. I wanted to make it as special as I could so I mail ordered ribs from Kansas City. When Spencer was working in Salt Lake, the company he worked for would send him to Kansas every now and then. When he was there, he ate at this place called "Jack Stacks". He raved about their ribs , how good they were, how tender. Now, almost every time we are out and about, he mentions Jack Stack ribs and how they are only 8 hours away and that we should go. I went online and found out that they mail their ribs, so I ordered him some ribs:
He was really excited when he found out. He hardly ate anything for lunch today so that he would have enough room. In school today, we made biscuits and savory scones, so I brought those home to have with dinner. I also ordered Jack Stacks sausage (the best sausage I have EVER had), along with 2 full racks of ribs, I made cole slaw, baked beans from scratch, and I had originally planned on Rhodes Rolls because I was at school all day today. We had a lot of food and Spencer was ready:

The girls really loved the ribs, although they said it was turkey. They insisted on eating the ribs off the bone:

Avary even licked the bone at one point. This was their first experience with ribs, and they loved them.

Spencer enjoyed himself too:

By the end of the meal, we were all stuffed:

But not too stuffed for Gingerbread:

Happy birthday sweetie, we love you!! Thanks to the Schumanns for helping me with the ribs. They were GREAT!!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

what a meal, wow! looks like a fun birthday.

Monica B Jensen said...

Happy Birthday! I am really jealous of your ribs. Ribs are my favorite food! Hope you enjoyed and savored your meal!

Sherri said...

Wow!!! what a happy birthday...
Looks like Spencer ate too much.
Glad that we could help..
LOVE
DAD

Sherri said...

Wow! What a feast! I would have loved to have been there and participated in that one! Great facial expressions on the pictures Spencer!! It would have been fun to hear some audio too...I bet you were groaning with that full belly. Glad you had a very nice birthday!

Love you, MOM

wendy said...

Happy Happy Birthday. It looks like everyoned loved the meal.