Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthday Party

Yesterday we had Rachel and Anthony and their family come over for a little cake and ice cream party for Spencer's birthday. His birthday isn't until Tuesday, but Tuesdays are a little hard for me to do a party since I am at school all day. It was such a relief to get the cake done. It was like pulling teeth to get him to decide on a flavor. I told my mom that I would rather get my teeth drilled with out anesthesia than to go through that again.

He finally decided on a banana cake with French vanilla pudding filling and chocolate icing. I tried to make the cake masculine, he thought it looked cool.

The top of the cake is dusting powder that I shaped with a stencil. It was really easy and I liked the look it gave the cake.

This is Spencer doing a "jig" while we sang to him. There was a lot of heat coming off of those candles, it was amazing. Then he blew them out:

And we almost set the fire alarm off. We had to open the sliding door and fan the smoke away so that it wouldn't. It was a fun evening. At the end, Rachel and I sat down to play a game called "Blink". She had never played it before, so naturally I wasted her, but I am fairly confident that after she gets the hang of it, she will waste me. She is super fast at games. I swear at times you can't even see her play she is so fast.

Anyway, this kicks off the beginning of the festivities for Spencer's 30th birthday. I will post more when they unravel.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

happy "32nd" birthday :) on Tuesday Spencer, and thanks for the yummy cake. Just you wait Sierra, I'll practice up and win the game next time! :)

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!!!
That cake looks soooo good...
Spencer you are 30 years old...
LOVE
DAD

Sherri said...

Spencer, that is good Dad informed you that you are 30 years old! :)
What a handsome and wonderful son you are. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I say, you deserved to take all the time you needed to get "just the right flavor" for your cake. Sierra, you did such a great job on the cake once again - I love the stripped stuff on the edges....Love, MOM

Tausha Schumann said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!!!

To the bestest big brother ever.