Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sabotage

So, I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that my mom and I are trying to loose weight. Well. . . . this week hasn't been the easiest week for us and I will tell you why.

I am back in school now and I have all cooking classes. In Garde Manger this week we made dips and chips and crackers and spreads to go with those crackers (yes, I know it is a run on sentence, I did that on purpose). Very tough, especially with guacamole sitting and staring at you telling you to eat it.

Anyway, along with Garde Manger, I also have Into to Pastries, my weakness. Last week we made pie, which was OK because I'm not a huge pie eater. THIS week we made Cheesecake. OH BOY!!! To top it off, we also made tarts. Double "OH BOY!!!". The cheesecakes had multiple sauces to use with them, such as Dark Chocolate Syrup, Raspberry Gelee (raspberries and gelatin), Fruit Coulis (pureed fruit), Caramel Sauce, and, my personal favorite, Creme Anglaise (sort of a melted vanilla bean ice cream, but much better!!).

We got to make our own cheesecakes with what ever we had in the kitchen. I chose Raspberry with chocolate crumb crust and Coconut with chocolate crumb crust. Today we got to plate one and I chose to plate the Coconut Cheesecake.

The sauces are the Dark Chocolate and the Creme Anglaise. OH. . . . .MY. . . . . .GOSH!!! It was so YUMMY!! The sauces totally made this cheesecake fab! It was Spencer's favorite. I personally liked them both, but if I had to choose one, it would most likely be the Raspberry.

We made the cheesecakes Wednesday. Today, we had to make a Fruit Tart, a Chocolate Truffle Tart, and a Lemon Curd Tart. IS THERE NO END TO THE MADNESS!!!

So, in short, today I brought home 2 cheesecakes, 3 sauces, a fruit tart, a lemon curd mini tart, and a chocolate truffle mini tart. Needless to say, we had company over for dessert tonight. I love the fact that Spencer's cousin lives 2 minutes away from us. I sent ALL the left overs home with them tonight. I think this might become an every Thursday kind of thing. That's OK though, because I really enjoy having them over.

No comments: