Wednesday, July 4, 2012

May Madness

Boy, May was a busy month for us and it just hasn't slowed down yet.   I guess first things first.  Mother's Day.  I had such a great Mother's Day this year. Spencer and the girls made breakfast for me. We had eggs, bacon, muffins, and they even made their own edible arrangement for me. Better than store bought! It was really yummy. Then, after church, Spencer made cornbread, that I requested, and tried to surprise me with a strawberry cheese cake. I say "tried" because I found it in the refrigerator thinking it was the leftover fruit from the edible arrangement. Oh, well. Maybe next year he can surprise me.



Later that week, before we left for Utah for our niece Myriah's wedding, Avary lost her very first tooth! She was really excited for the tooth fairy to visit. Of course, being the first tooth, the tooth fairy left five dollars. Since then she's lost another tooth. She loves losing her teeth!



I was asked to do the cake for Myriah's wedding, which became an honor. It was such a beautiful wedding, and the bride was beautiful beyond words. I was really happy how the cake turned out.





She asked for Red Velvet cake. The top tier is all cake, because she wanted to save it for their first anniversary. Then the rest was fake except for a 4x4 inch corner on the bottom tier that they could cut into. This cake has become one of my very favorites. She also had me do 6 sheet cakes for serving at the reception.

Aside from a little dispute with an unnamed person it was perfect. Special thanks to my Aunt Reida for letting me take over her kitchen. It was fun. And, special thanks to her for letting us stay there.

When we got home, we only had a couple of days before we had the opportunity to have the Schumanns over. It was Memorial day weekend and they drove all night to get here. It was a special request by Aunt Addie to go to the zoo. This was Reed's first zoo trip. It was really fun, despite the heat. But luckily, there was a slight cool breeze to help things. The kids really had a lot of fun. It was fun to spend the time with the Schumanns. They hadn't seen Reed since last August.



May was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

It was such a WONDERFUL time to get to be there and see everyone and have some great fun. Thanks for making it so nice! We appreciate you guys and all you did. We love & miss you all.

ps. Excellent pix!