Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reed's First Christmas

This was such a fun year for Christmas.  The girls were EXTRA excited and Reed, well Reed didn't know what was going on, but I think he had fun anyway.

We started our Christmas on Christmas Eve.  Geewah (my mom) did her traditional new Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve thing.  Reed was so funny opening his present.  Here is a little snippet of what he was like:



He was way more interested in me and the camera.  SO cute!  Anyway, they all looked REALLY sweet in their new Christmas jammies.

Santa was really good to us this year.  He even rearranged our furniture so that we could see all our presents.  He left his letter on the tree this year testifying of Christ.  I didn't really think the girls really payed attention to it, but this year CJ noticed it on the tree and she knew exactly what it was.  I was so happy to hear her mention it.  We all read it together as a family and talked about it.  It is a nice tradition that was started in our household.  I think it really helps the kids, now that I know the actually pay attention to it.


Santa even left the kids new Christmas church clothes in their rooms.
 

They all looked so sweet in their new clothes.  We ate our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, cardamom bread with hot chocolate and fruit salad and then we went to church.  It was a really nice meeting.  When we got home, the girls INSISTED that they get to wear their new jammies to open presents.  I wasn't going to argue, I wanted to be in my jammies too. 

We all got really great presents.  I made Reed a nice fleece blanket like I did for CJ and Avary for their first Christmas.

He really seems to like it.  He likes to be toasty warm at night so it was a good thing.  We had our traditional prime rib roast for dinner and I made sticky toffee pudding for dessert.  I figured what would it hurt to let Reed try some, so we gave him a little:

He REALLY enjoyed it.  So much that it actually gave him a little tummy ache when it came time for bed.  Nothing that a little mylicon couldn't fix.  Anyway, we really had a nice Christmas.

Santa gave the girls an Easy Bake Oven.  They sure had fun with it today making their own little treats:

Over the winter break we have been getting all our doctors visits taken care of.  We all went to the eye doctor and Avary ended up needing glasses for reading:

She is SO excited to wear glasses!  I love her enthusiasm.



1 comment:

Sherri said...

I love your tradition of the letter on the Christmas tree testifying of of the Savior - wished I had done that too! Such a sweet family...the pictures/video are adorable! Glad Santa found you all and you had a great Christmas! Love to all!