Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2011 Ballet Recital and Other Fun Stuff


So the girls had their Ballet Recital last weekend. It was so good! We are SO proud of them. CJ danced to the Golden Ticket song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It was SO cute. Avary danced to a really pretty instrumental song that was very sweet. We are really proud of them.

A couple weeks ago we got some very special visitors. My nephew, Jake my oldest brother Spike's son, had contacted me on facebook and asked if we would mind entertaining him and his son, Daniel, for a couple hours. Of course I said yes! I haven't seen Jake in forever and I have NEVER met my great-nephew Daniel. Spike drove in from Kansas to pick Daniel up and then they went to the airport to pick up Jake. It was SO fun! I am so glad that they were able to come and visit with us. My mom was in Utah at the time so we got them all to ourselves which was pretty darn cool!

I sure love these guys. Daniel was a hoot! I just fell in love with that little dude. The girls really had a great time with him as well.

Well, my doula is officially paid off. She contacted me not too long ago and asked for the last payment on her services, which was a cake for her sons birthday. He wanted a dragon cake and it had to be a specific dragon, Terrible Terror from How To Train Your Dragon. Of course it had to be a hard one.

I think it turned out pretty OK, considering I can't draw worth a lick. It certainly isn't perfect, but he knew what it was and that was ALL that mattered.

Well that is it for now.  More stuff to come so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Oh, the girls look so lovely in their ballet outfits...we would have loved to been able to be there to see them perform.

We are listening to "Kokomo" right now - we are so happy you guys get to go on a well deserved cruise...we are also, so "jealous!"

Cute kid's quotes. It'll be cool when you also put on Reed's funny stuff! Love you guys!