Monday, May 16, 2011

Baptism, Blessing, and Mother's Day...Oh My!

It sure is hard to get things done with a baby who demands so much! But, alas, I am finally able to post.

Baptism
May 7, 2011 Cynthia Jo Schumann entered the waters and was baptized. We are so proud of her! That day went so well. Family was able to be here to support her in her decision to be baptized and it was such an emotional day for all of us. Spencer and I can't believe how much she has grown and how fast this day had arrived. It was a beautiful day. It was the hottest of the year so far.

When we got there, we were expecting to get a pant suit for her, but in the closet they only had dresses, so she was able to be baptized in a dress. When we got to the ward, there was a little bit of a panic. The water had been filling the font for about 2 hours and there was hardly any water in the font. We were thinking that they would have to sit and then have her lie down to be baptized, but it finally made it to 28 inches and we were able to baptize her. We also did the confirmation on that day. We made that day all about CJ. It was quite spiritual and very emotional for us. I have never loved Spencer more than in that moment of baptizing and confirming our daughter. Again, we are so proud of her. My mom made the dress she wore after her baptism:

She looked like an angel. I love this picture, aside from her beautiful grandma's it shows her dress the best!


Blessing
May 7, 2011, also Mother's Day, Reed was blessed. Interesting fact, CJ was blessed on Father's Day, Reed on Mother's Day. It was very special indeed. It was a great blessing. Spencer is so in tune with the Spirit and I couldn't be more impressed and proud of him.


My mom made the booties and the blanket. Our first idea was to have him blessed in the same outfit Spencer was blessed in, but he got too big for it and we had gotten this one as a back up. It fit him just right, thank heavens! That was such a special day for us all, but especially me because it was Mother's Day and I was able to share that with CJ and with Reed.


Mother's Day
So, after everyone, except for my dad, had left to go back to Utah, it was time for us all to wind down. I fell asleep on the couch with Reed, Spencer soon followed on the chase lounge, and apparently my dad in the chair all while the girls were in quiet time. When I woke, my dad had been helping the girls make cards for me. I went upstairs to feed Reed and this is what I found on my door:

I told CJ that I had to get in there to feed Reed and she informed me that I could go in, but not to look under my pillow. She is SO bad at keeping secrets. We are going to work on that though. Anyway, after I fed Reed they gave me their cards. This one was from Avary:


She LOVES her stickers. BUT, these two were from CJ:

Front:

Inside:


Back:

And then this one:

I guess she loves stickers more! They were so sweet! I LOVED the cards, but those girls I love beyond words. CJ was so proud that she used a WHOLE sheet of stickers. I'm just so happy that they aren't on the walls, windows, dressers, etc. etc.

It was so fun to have everyone here that weekend. I am so grateful to all of those that came. It meant the WORLD to us to have you here. Thank you.

2 comments:

Jackson Family said...

What a beautiful weekend. I wish we could have come, but we have had to cut down on travel with being primary president. CJ is beautiful, we are proud of her. I can't believe she's 8-these years go by crazy fast. You guys are such great parents, and your kids are lucky to have you and Spencer as their parents. Reed is just the handsomest little man ever. I love your mothers day cards too. Thanks for this special post, I've been anxiously waiting to see pictures from this weekend. Love you guys. And tell your mom CJ's dress is beyond amazing-wow!

Sherri said...

We are so HAPPY we were there to enjoy this special time with you guys! To get to go to the baptism, confirmation & baby blessing was such a highlight of just getting to be there. It was so nice to get to see all of you again, and visit and have such fun! You are a great family doing a great job together. We loved the cute pictures & Mother's day cards. Cj's dress was gorgeous...she did look like an angel! Thanks for all you guys did to make it happen...and the Mother's day pie was a bonus!