Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Party Festivities and Updates

Well, I know I'm late getting this out. At least I'm getting it out! Spencer's birthday was fun. It would have been funner if we had more people to share it with, but he enjoyed himself and I was still recovering so I think it worked out great. He got a lot of snacks for his birthday, it's the only dang thing I can think to get that man!! Anyway, it was good. The girls and I decorated the kitchen for when he got home:

It was really fun. I curled the ribbon and the girls strung it on our chandelier. The girls wanted to open presents before dinner so Spencer opened his gifts. Like I said, he got a lot of treats. His parents sent him a big box full of candy and other yummy stuff, he was happy. Avary got a little silly with the tissue paper after Spencer got a little crazy with it:


We ate a chili dinner and then we had cake:

I still was recovering so it wasn't a grand cake, but it was good. I made a Poppyseed cake and then got some English Toffee ice cream, the two really blended well. It was all good. I dressed the girls up really nice for the day. Avary wore her new birthday cake shirt, thanks to Rachel, and I did CJ's hair special:

She got a lot of compliments on it at school that day. I LOVE doing her hair, it is SOOOO fun!


On a bonus note, I went to the ENT... (with thoughts and flashbacks of my parents sitting in the ENT's chair getting needles jabbed up their noses holding a basin and watching puss and blood drain into it)... to find out why I have had problems with sinus infections. Turns out the CT scan showed a bone spur in my nose preventing good drainage, go figure! Leave it to me to have a bone spur in my NOSE!! No surgery, at least not yet. She is going to treat me with other things first so hope those go well. It was really odd, they numbed my nose. That was a freaky feeling. It numbed almost all my top teeth as well. She numbed my nose so she could put a scope up it, another freaky feeling, but all is well. The antibiotics are doing their thing. YAY!!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

That makes me SICK hearing about pus, blood, numb noses and bone spurs in noses!! Turns my stomach!! Can they cure you without surgery?? Hope you keep feeling OK! Wish we could have been to the birthday festivities, but looks like Spencer was well taken care of : )
The little girls are so sweet with all their innocent sayings! Love & miss ya all!

Jackson Family said...

a bone spur in your nose--ouch and yuck and totally crazy. Get better soon, hope you don't have to have surgery. I 'nose' that wouldn't be fun :)

love the bday pics, just wish we could have joined in on the fun.

photomama said...

Looks like you had fun for Spencer's birthday! CJ's hair is adorable!
Sorry about the bone spur...but at least you have an answer and some things to try before resulting to surgery! I hope you feel better soon! :)