Sunday, December 20, 2009

Anniversary, Cute Hair, Decorations, and Cake

Today is our 8 year Anniversary. It has been a great first 8 years and I hope it will be a great 88 more.

The weekend before Spencer's cousin moved away, Avary had a sleepover with their daughter, Sabrina. When I went to pick Avary up, Rachel had done her hair up really cute and matched it with Sabrina's. She told me how to do it and when I got home I did CJ's the same way. It was really fun and ever since then, I have been doing their hair that way.

Today for church, I did CJ's hair this way, but I weaved gold ribbon in with it. It was really pretty and everybody at church asked me how I did it, it was pretty funny. I meant to take a picture of it, but I will do it later.

This year we had the girls decorate the Christmas tree. Last year I vowed I would let them make all the decorations and decorate it the way they wanted to.

They have really had a lot of fun doing this. We FINALLY got it finished this last week and we put the star on Saturday night. I think it is quite possibly the cutest Christmas tree I have ever seen, they really did a good job:

The pictures really don't do it justice. You have to see it in its full glory. Anyway, they are quite pleased with themselves and I am very proud of them. I think I will have them do it again next year, we will see.

Avary had her first Birthday party invite for a friend of hers in primary. She had the party Saturday the 19th. It was a princess party and how I wished I had taken my camera. I offered to do the cake for her and her mom was very happy to hear it. She is becoming a good friend of mine, we have WAY too much in common. Anyway, since it was a princess party, the first thing I saw for a cake was this:

I was really happy with the way it turned out. I expected a silver crown, but it worked out really nice. When I took it to the party the mom and little girls were just beside themselves. I love making people happy through food!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Sierra you are so amazing with all your talents..The cakes, the hair, and the tree.. way to go, you get first prize!!!!

Jackson Family said...

oh, their hair looks so cute-isn't it crazy how easy it actually? How did you wind the ribbon in it, did you do 2 seperate ribbons? It sounds super cute-let me know!

I love the cake-not only fit for a princess but a queen!

The girls did an awesome job on the tree-how special.

we love and miss you all, hug the whole family from us.