Monday, November 9, 2009

Tyler and Shelly Olsen

We had the opportunity to go to Spencer's sister's wedding this last week in Logan. We were so happy that she found a wonderful guy to spend her life and all eternity with. He is a great guy, we met him in July I think. Anyway, she asked me to do her cake, of course I said yes, but I also offered to do 300 verrine desserts of the Ginger Pumpkin Torte that I made for my graduation. It was a lot of work, but it all turned out great.

Shelly had a beautiful wedding. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was such a beautiful day and the ceremony was even more beautiful. I found out that the sealer is the second cousin of my Uncle Gordon, which was pretty cool. Anyway, Shelly glowed! She was absolutely RADIANT! It was obvious that these two were matched in heaven. This is a picture one of my favorite bridal pictures of Shelly.

I love the whole standing on a road idea. The pictures of her dress don't bring it justice!! She looked amazing! After the ceremony at the temple we had a luncheon at his home ward near Logan. It was so yummy, though I could have done with more salad! They had us go around the room telling stories about either one of them. CJ wanted to get up and share something, so I let her. It was really sweet. She said that she loved Shelly and that she loves to read and wants to give Shelly a big hug. It was really cute. I ended up getting up to help her put the microphone down and when we were walking back to our seats, everybody started clapping. CJ then stopped and started to bow, it was really funny and cute! I think she stole the show!

They had the reception at the new Athletic Center at Utah State. It over looks the football field which was awesome because he used to play football for the Aggies. Here is a picture of the cake, you can kind of see the football field in the background.

She had seen the cake that I did in school with the chocolate drape and chocolate roses and she fell in love with it. When she told me that she was going to get married, I knew it would have a drape. Her colors were so pretty. The cake turned out really pretty. I is 98% Styrofoam. I only put in a 4 x 4 cake in the corner in the back for them to cut into.



Shelly later told me that it turned out better than she had imagined. I'm so glad that I didn't disappoint her! I really wanted to make it perfect for her. Here is a picture of them enjoying the lemon cake with almond buttercream and white chocolate fondant:

It was a really long day and by the end we were all so tired! One of us didn't quite make it back to the house though:

I couldn't resist taking a picture! She looked so sweet and cute asleep in the car holding onto her flowers. The girls really had fun and loved seeing Shelly in her "beautiful princess dress". They love their new Uncle too. Tyler is really great with the kids. He kind of reminds me of my brother Connin, I think it is the bic-ed head! Anyway, it was great and fun. Welcome to the family, Tyler!! We love ya!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

We love you all sooo much!!!!
Thank you for all the work...
It was such a great weekend..and we hope that you are all well and doing good..

Sherri said...

Thanks for showing the pictures - brings back wonderful memories of that special day!! The cake is so beautiful- like I said, that is the best looking wedding cake I have ever saw! I just can't think of anything prettier. Great Job!! We appreciate all the hard work you guys went to to help pull this all off! You guys are amazing too! I think the torts stole the show as far as the refreshments go...so yummy, and very striking in appearance! What sweet little girls...we miss you all! Lots of Love to each of you - MOM...ps. How is Grandma? We wish her the best.