Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy 9 Year Birthday CJ!!!

I can't believe that CJ is 9 already.  Time is just flying by way too fast.  I like the fact that she is maturing, but does she have to grow up to mature???  Ugh, SO not fair.  :(  Her birthday was on a Tuesday this year, so we waited to have her party on the next Saturday.  For her actual birthday though we took her out to dinner.  She got to pick the place and of course she wanted somewhere that had crab legs.  Ugh.  After a long debate and calling around to find out prices (of which we could NOT afford right now due to an upcoming wedding we have to make it to this May), we finally struck a deal with her and her Aunt Analee that the next time she comes to visit us, she will bring us crab legs.  She seemed alright by this and then picked Outback Steakhouse. *gulp*

This year she wanted a "Sweet and Sassy" party.  There is this store for little girls to go and get makeovers, pedicures, have runway shows, shop, etc. etc.  The party girls even get a limo ride in the pink "Sweet and Sassy" limo.  The girls are in love with that dang store.  Anyway, after looking into their prices Spencer and I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to subject her to that kind of venue??  ;)  Instead I made arrangements for a couple of my Young Women and a dear friend of mine to come to our house and we would have our own "Sweet and Sassy" party.  I think it went well.



CJ and Avary made the station signs.  We had a make up station, a nails station, a hair station, and then a photo booth where the girls could get their picture taken after their make over.  I had set up a little jewelery station that the girls could make their own jewelery while they waited to go to the next station.  It seemed like it went real well.  I was happy because CJ was happy how it turned out.  CJ's cake was in turn a "Glam" cake.  I had some fun with it and her eyes lit up when she saw it that morning.  She wanted a vanilla cake, but wanted it pink.  We settled for swirled pink.  She was fascinated with that one, tee hee.  She then had strawberry filling and cream cheese icing.  It turned out pretty good.

I love my CJ.  It breaks my heart that she is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a great idea, CJ! And beautiful pictures - hair, make up, jewels etc. Gorgeous cake too (of course). Fun, fun party! I agree with your Mom...Our little CJ is growing up too fast! Kids like it...Mom's don't. Capture & enjoy every precious moment. Looks like everyone had a great time!