Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Girls First Piano Recital

The girls are taking piano lessons!!  Today was their very first recital.  They did SO good!!!  They started lessons about 5 weeks ago and have just picked right up on it.  They have worked so hard to get their pieces just right and today they did such an excellent job!  Here is Avary's piece:  Ode to Joy, Beethoven (the video goes a little weird, but you can still see and hear her good)



She has had so much fun on the piano.  She practices when she is supposed to and sometimes when she isn't supposed to.  She has really learned fast and I can't wait to see how far they will go with this.

Here is CJ's piece:  Puff the Magic Dragon (are you surprised?)



She too has worked really hard on this piece.  She picked this song all by herself, surprise surprise, and she has practiced each piece of the song so diligently.  I couldn't be more proud.  :)

Their teacher is sitting on the stand with them.  She is a lady from our ward that is just gifted and talented in the music department.  She majored in music in college.  She is amazing and she is an amazing teacher.  All three of us love her.  Yes, I am taking lessons too, but I chose to opt out of the recital because I wanted it to be the girls.

I love my little princesses, they work so hard and I am so proud of them.  Good work today ladies!!!!  We love you and we are incredibly proud of you!!  Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you in the summer recital.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Avary and CJ...You have a very proud Grandma here!!! I am so impressed with both of you! I am amazed that you have learned so much in so short of time. And I love your "bow" at the end of your performances. :) Sweet. CJ, Puff the Magic Dragon is one of my favorite songs...My Mom played that on a record player while we did house work when I was a kid probably around your same age! Good memories. Love you girls! XOXO