Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Life the Past Four Weeks

Sorry it has been so long since our last post. School started for me and Spencer has been working 50 hour weeks. We hardly have time to see each other. None the less, here is a little update on our little family.

The colors have come and gone here in Colorado. This is a picture taken from our deck. The colors were so beautiful that I couldn't resist the opportunity to capture it.

It doesn't look like that anymore. The wind has come and taken it all away. We get pretty strong winds out here. Sometimes I still catch myself being a little scared.

School is going well for CJ and I. I actually strained my back and have missed some classes, of which I am extremely upset about, well, the lab classes anyway. I am actually home today instead of at school because of my back. We were making truffles in school today and I am not a happy camper having to miss it. Anyway, one day these last couple weeks, I walked into the playroom to get the girls for dinner and I came across this:

CJ had written this all by herself. I was so amazed and proud of her. Spencer and I had our first "Parent Teacher Conference", how weird that was, but her teacher mentioned that CJ doesn't write her words. I corrected her by telling this story and she was amazed and said that she would have to get CJ to break out of her shell and show her. Little stinker likes to show off at home, but not at school.

My week off school, my mom and I decided that enough was enough and stopped buying diapers.

Yep! Potty trained. She was so easy!! We had a couple accidents, but it went really fast. It is so nice not having to buy diapers anymore. She loves her panties and it is EXTREMELY rare when there is an accident.

The girls and I had some fun Sunday morning with breakfast. We had waffles and afterward, had a little fun.

CJ got hers to stick all by herself. When I finally got Avary's to stick, the stupid thing wouldn't come off. I mentioned that she has the Schumann nose remembering when Spencer and I did this right after we were married with his Grandpa, his stuck on for about 10 minutes no joke, and my mom about came unglued. The girls really thought it was fun though. This morning I caught CJ trying to stick her fork on her nose, didn't work.

We have F.H.E. on Sunday evenings because Mondays are so hectic with school and late night working, so for a treat we had what the girls call, "Worm Cake". They helped me make it. They love to help in the kitchen.


They loved it!! They had so much fun "digging" for the worms. My mom gagged and couldn't eat the worms, but enjoyed the "mud". It was really fun and YUMMY!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

way to go Avary - all potty trained!! And AMAZING word writing, CJ, We hope we get a letter soon!! We loved the pictures with the spoons and delicious worms! Believe it or not, Grandpa's nose is even bigger now, and he could hold it on for a full 30 minutes!!! Hope you both (Spencer & Sierra) get feeling better, and cured from all you aliments!!

Rachel said...

We're totally jealous Avary is potty trained...way to go. We'll have to attack that task one of these days.

sorry you hurt your back, hope you get feeling better soon.

Cj's writing is awesome, it looks like she's doing really well in school.