Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ice Carving

Today was ice carving at school. The Chef that I will have from now until I graduate has his own ice carving business here in Denver. It was so amazing to watch him carve ice, he made it look so easy. This is him doing the basic outline of his demo piece with a chainsaw:

This is a picture of his finished piece: (it only took him about 30-45 min to do this whole piece)

We worked in pairs and I flat out refused to use the chainsaw, although I later on tried it when I started to feel a little more comfortable around the chainsaw, hated it. Anyway, my partner and I decided to do a basket, a nice basket with a handle and everything. This is what we got:

I HATE ice carving!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Sierra..We thought you were getting ready for a center piece for your primary class..or maybe a surprise for Spencer..That is amazing the things that you learn out their...Hope Spencer is doing OK with all the hours he has to work now!!!Say hi to the girls!!!
LOVE
DAD